We want to extend a welcome to all of our virtual partners for the upcoming event “What Is a Dissertation? New Models, Methods, Media”:
- Hybrid Pedagogy;
- Rutgers-Camden Digital Studies Center;
- Studio for New Media at Iowa State University;
- The Image Lab at University of Wisconsin;
- Simpson Center at the University of Washington;
- Sherman Center for Digital Scholarship at McMaster University;
- Maker Lab and ECTL at the University of Victoria in British Columbia, Canada;
- Sherman Centre for Digital Scholarship at McMaster University in Ontario, Canada;
- The Mina Rees Library at The Graduate Center, CUNY;
- The Digital Dramaturgy Lab at University of Toronto
- Center for Digital Research and Scholarship at Columbia University Libraries.
We will also have virtual participants from Uruguay and Australia.
Are you interested in joining us?
You can livestream the event from any computer on October 10, between 4pm and 5.30pm.
The event will also be live tweeted via hashtag #remixthediss. The conversation is already happening. Join in!
|4:00–4:10 EST||Intros, set up, settling down
Chair: Cathy N. Davidson, Distinguished Professor and Director, Futures Initiative and HASTAC@CUNY
|4:10–5:00 EST||Each panelist speaks for 5-10 minutes
Each panelist will feature:
|5:00–5:15 EST||Think-Pair-Share Exercise
Audience at the GC and virtually will be invited to engage in a Think-Pair-Share exercise: “What are your three most pressing questions for the panelists?” The most pressing questions from those onsite and online can be entered into the Google Doc: http://bit.ly/remixthediss-questions
|5:15–5:30 EST||Q and A
Including via Tweets from virtual participants using the hashtag #remixthediss